Hi, Everyone! It’s been such a long time since I have last written in this blog. Sorry about that. But with all the business and fuzziness of Christmas and then moving on and getting settled into a new role that all really stressed me out! Good thing that I already have essential oils and am able to find that small patch of relief in this uber chaotic world.
The natural acne treatments has helped me a lot. Together of course with the 10-Step Korean Beauty and new found face oil – Tamanu oil.
But with that being said, I want to focus right now on FOCUS. I would consider myself as someone with really very fast attention span. I get distracted easily.
When you research “Essential Oils for Focus”, a lot of the articles would actually lead you to articles for “Essential Oils for ADD/ADHD”.
But what is ADD and ADHD?
ADD – Attention Deficiency Disorder and ADHD – Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder are nowadays common conditions that affect kids, teens, and some adults. With the super-fast paced world that we currently live in right now, with soo many things happening around us, how can we not have this? When you just start understanding something, another thought, idea or issue would come rushing in from wherever, making us not really able to process thoughts.
They say that Lavender is key to this. They say that “Lavender has been documented to improve concentration and mental acuity.” This is probably true given that Lavender is a very popular relaxant and given that it calms us down then we can process a lot of things when we are at a relaxed pace.
Another super popular relaxant that we know of is Chamomile (in essential oils referred to as Roman Chamomile). Again if we follow the premise why Lavender can help us focus, I think we will go the same path for Roman Chamomile.
If you are in a citrus-y person, you’ll love Mandarin. They say that if you combine this with Lavender, it quiets down the mind.
Other Essential Oils to take note of:
- Ylang Ylang – said to sedate and calm the emotions
- Vetiver – calms, and focuses the mind
- Frankincense – supports the immune system
- Patchouli – soothes the nervous system
- Basil – reduces excitability and promote calmness to allow the mind to focus
- Rosemary – herb has been associated with memory for years and even references a line in Shakespeare’s play Hamlet: “There’s rosemary, that’s for remembrance.”
- Peppermint – helpful when it comes to sustained attention tasks
- Lemon – improve cognitive function
- Cedarwood – has soothing and calming properties
- Peace and Calming – uplifts the spirit
- Brain Power – used to clarify thoughts and develop greater focus
- Sage – help treat loss of mental functions
- Cypress – calming, sedative effects, and can be used aromatically or topically to help induce relaxation
- Sandalwood – improves memory
- Eucalyptus – helps you clear your mind
- Camphor – great brain stimulant
- Wild Orange – good for awakening the senses and increasing focus and energy
- Grapefruit – uplifting and energizing scent
So here are some of the recipes that I’ve come across for you to help you calm down and increase your mental focus.
Some Inhaler Recipes:
Where to get your essential oils: